Hassle-free Waxing!

by - Thursday, September 06, 2012


Finally! A DIY hassle-free waxing product!

For as far back as I can remember, it has always been Epilin. A DIY home waxing kit that comes in a small pan that needs heating on the stove before you use it.

Recently, I had a very unfortunate incident with Epilin waxing kit that literally almost killed me (seriously), but this accident didn’t stop me from searching for the best replacement for Epilin.

I tried Veet’s waxing strips but their strips are too small and thin that even after you have finished the entire box, you still have the other armpit to do! Hahaha! So Veet is out of the question. (not to mention, it’s pricey)

I was so tempted to try hair removal creams but I have had noticed before (when I used it on my legs at 6th grade), that the pores on my legs appeared larger! The hair doesn’t get removed from the roots so the hair is just clogging the pores making the pores appear larger. Imagine that in your pits… Eew.

That’s when I discovered Nanny Rose’s Sticks & Pulls All Natural Hair Remover. (PhP 99.75). I got the smaller pot (50g) because I wanted to try it first. Oh! It comes with waxing cloth strips as well!

I followed the instructions to the letter ( avoiding a repeat of the Epilin Incident), you microwave the plastic pot for 10-15 seconds to heat the wax. I made the mistake of not letting the wax cool a little bit so I burned a small patch of skin in my pits so I ended up doing just that 1inch patch.

I waited for the was to cool completely, like before I heated it and tried again. I found that it’s harder to apply but it still is spreadable. Spread it as evenly and thinly as you can and apply the waxing cloth on top. The going against the growth of your hair, take a deep breath and rip! I won’t say that it’s pain-free but if you have been waxing for a while then it should be a piece of cake.

I love this product! It smells like cocojam! Made from honey, lemons and sugar, it’s as natural as they come :)

You May Also Like

0 comments





FOLLOW @THEMAKEUPMAVEN ON INSTAGRAM